Class 1 Division 2 Panel PCs
Our Class 1 Div 2 Industrial PCs for hazardous locations are ATEx, IECEx certified. These industrial computers offer an intrinsically safe design which is ignition and explosion proof, perfect for applications in oil, gas, petrochemical, and mining. With a high performance optically bonded, capacitive touchscreen that feature 1000nits*, they are perfect for your light intensive environments. Choose from 15”, 19” and 21” to fit your environment and application needs.
Our CID2 Industrial PCs come with a Windows®10 Operating System installed that can operate any Windows® Software, powerful SCADA software such as Allen-Bradley’s FactoryTalk® View, Ignition™, AVEVA™ Edge and Wonderware®, or configure them using programming languages such as Visual Basic, Python and C++, providing you with flexible options.
Industrial PC Accessories
Thin (5ml) polyester film with adhesiveMore Details
We offer custom communication cables to interface with over 300 protocols. Call us or see our Support Center for more details.
Why Class 1 Division 2?
We offer many Class I, Div 2 certified solutions designed to keep operators and their environment safe. These products are used in industries including oil and gas, mining, painting, chemical processing, pharmaceutical, food processing, and more. C1D2 is an important factor to consider when looking for rugged industrial PC to use in hazardous industries.
A Class I, Division 2 location is:
- A location in which volatile flammable gases, flammable liquid-produced vapors, or combustible liquid-produced vapors are handled, processed, or used, but in which the liquids, vapors, or gases will normally be confined within closed containers or closed systems from which they can escape only in case of accidental rupture or breakdown of such containers or systems or in case of abnormal operation of equipment.*
- A location in which ignitable concentrations of flammable gases, flammable liquid-produced vapors, or combustible liquid-produced vapors are normally prevented by positive mechanical ventilation, and which might become hazardous through failure or abnormal operation of the ventilating equipment.*
A location that is adjacent to a Class I, Division 1 location, and to which ignitable
concentrations of flammable gases, flammable liquid-produced vapors, or combustible
liquid-produced vapors above their flash points might occasionally be communicated
unless such communication is prevented by adequate positive-pressure ventilation from a
source of clean air and effective safeguards against ventilation failure are
What is the ATEX Certification?
ATEX stands for atmosphères explosibles. It’s a European Union directive from the European Committee for Standardization that covers “equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.” An atmosphere can be explosive for several reasons, including flammable gases, mists or vapors, or combustible dust. ATEX helps improve safety and protect the health of workers potentially at risk from explosive environments such as those found in the petrochemical industries, underground mining or food production.
Rugged and Reliable Connectors
IP66 Grade Waterproof Protection with M12 Connectors
M12 connectors are ideal for industrial environments in part because they offer superior performance in harsh conditions. M12 connectors offer a minimum of IP65-rated (IP65/IP67/IP68/IP69k) environmental protection against dust and water and protect against impact, vibration, UV exposure, and temperature cycling. For the most demanding applications, such as those subject to frequent washdowns M12 connectors are the preferred choice.
- IP69K - This rating indicates the device is built to withstand extensive wash downs with corrosion resistance against cleaning agents, especially against close-range high-pressure, high-temperature washdowns. The level of protection allows for easy cleaning and sterilization using water with temperatures of up to 80°C and pressure of up to 30 Bar.
- IP67 - This rating indicates the device is protected even when immersed in as much as 1 meter (3.3 feet) of water. The sealed IP67 design protects the internal components from dust and water.
- IP66 - Complete protection against contact (dust-tight) and water projected in powerful jets (12.5 mm nozzle) against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
- IP65 - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against water projected by a nozzle (6.3 mm) against enclosure from any direction. IP65 rated panel PCs can be sprayed clean and prevent ingredients from making their way into the system and causing damage to components.
316 Stainless Steel
316 stainless steel has a higher corrosion resistance than 304 stainless steel making it useful in situations that call for salt exposure or deal with other powerful corrosives. Just like 304 stainless steel, 316 stainless steel is composed of high amounts of chromium and nickel. It also contains silicon, manganese, carbon, and iron. The most drastic difference in chemical composition, however, is the amount of molybdenum in 316 stainless steel. This makes Grade 316 stainless steel the heavier duty version of Grade 304, for environments and products that require even higher corrosion resistance.
AVEVA Edge 2020, formerly known as Indusoft Web Studio, is a powerful HMI/SCADA software package for a wide range of industrial applications. With easy-to-use commands/tool bars and a Microsoft Windows™ environment, Aveva™Edge's feature-rich application puts you in the driver's seat of creating your industrial process.
Industries We Serve
Our products operate in some very tough environments and industries
If your goal is to enhance efficiency, optimize operations, avoid unplanned downtime, or lower total cost of ownership, we can help. Today's technology offers innovative industrial process control solutions. Whether it's integrating process control, motor control, safety, and information solutions, our products can help you address your unique challenges head on.
Learn more about the industries we serve and discover why more and more companies are choosing Maple Systems.
Read Our Case Studies
See why our customers are so happy and continue to use our products year after year
Read Case Studies & Application Stories about how Maple Systems HMIs, OITs, PLCs, Industrial PCs, and HMI + PLCs are used in real-world applications. These case studies and success stories illustrate how our customers use our products to reduce costs, provide features, increase functionality, and solve problems.
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
Log data from your devices to aid in reporting, to gain efficiencies, reduce downtime and plan for maintenance. Our products can help you standardize communications between devices, gluing different systems together for one source to your SCADA. No need to redesign your entire application. Keep the components that are already working for you, just add Maple Systems components to grow your abilities to supervise, control, and acquire data.
We offer all the elements you need to create your own level of supervisory data acquisition and control, from the simplest stand-alone machine to sophisticated multi-device networked production line(s), all the way to enterprise-level operations and IIoT functionalities leveraging cloud connectivity.
To learn more about how our products work together to create scalable SCADA solutions, visit our SCADA solutions page
Manuals and documentation for products supported by Maple Systems Industrial Panel PC products.
Manuals & Guides
Need additional support?
Visit our FAQ section for more info.