HMIs + MySQL
What is MySQL?
MySQL is a powerful tool that can be used with our cMT HMI series to help collect and display data for easier monitoring and analytics. MySQL is a relational database management system that uses SQL, or Structured Query Language, as the query language to access data in the database. By connecting a cMT HMI to a MySQL database you can collect, organize, and store your data in a flexible and trusted database system. This places important information users need to make business decisions in a format easily accessible to corporate IT systems.
- Free, open-source
- Well-supported and widely used
- Provides secure data storage
- Can be integrated with our cMT HMIs, and Light/Heavy Industrial Panel PCs
Easy configuration software makes using MySQL with one of our cMT HMIs easy. By using the Database Server object in the software, a cMT HMI unlocks the tools you need to:
- Synchronize data and event logs to a remote MySQL server on the local network
- Use third-party software, such as Microsoft Office Excel to display that information
- Easily manage the data on that MySQL server
Whether you have one machine on a line or hundreds, you will want to collect specific data points for corporate analytics. In three easy steps you can use MySQL and MS Excel to collect, analyze, and respond to the collected data in ways that allow you to make better and more informed decisions.
- Install a MySQL Workbench and create a schema (holds the data generated in the HMI) to synchronize the HMI's historical data with your MySQL Server. You can set up users, roles, and privileges in your MySQL Workbench.
- Set up the MySQL Database Server Object in our software which will allow you to direct data to your MySQL database. Use the Status Address to display the connection status with MySQL server on the HMI. Use the Control Address to change connection parameters dynamically on the HMI.
- Install the ODBC Connector (Open Database Connectivity) and link it to MS Excel, which allows you to sync and display your collected data Excel. Once you have generated and synched data between your HMI and MySQL server, you will be able to see it in an easily readable format in Excel.
For a complete step by step guide and sample project, see our cMT Database Server MySQL Quick Start Guide