To use the OPC UA Server feature on cMT-SVR-100/102/200/202, and cMT-FHD models, you must purchase a license for each device. This is a one-time purchase that is valid for the life of the product.
cMT3000 and cMT-Gateway products do not require an additional license. The cMT-SVR-OPCUA comes with the license already installed.
To purchase the license, please contact Maple Systems sales support at 425-745-3229 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you have purchased an OPC UA license, you will receive a document from Maple Systems that contains the license serial number and activation code. You must download this information to the target cMT device using EBPro, in order to activate the license. This download only needs to happen once.
Steps to activate OPC UA Server license on a cMT-SVR or cMT-FHD:
Get the document you received from Maple Systems which contains the license serial number and activation code.
Product Name: cMT-SVR
License Serial: OPCAxxxxxx
Activation code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
- Retrieve the Hardware key from the cMT device. To do this, connect your cMT-SVR or cMT-FHD to your local Ethernet network and start your web browser.
- Type http:/// into the URL address bar. Note: The default IP address for the LAN2 port is 192.168.100.1. The LAN1 port defaults to DHCP. For more information on how to configure your cMT device, please consult the cMT Quick Start Guide (P/N 10101026).
- The Hardware key is located on the EasyAccess 2.0 page: OPC UA Server Setup Overview 15 OPC UA Server Setup Overview 15
- Go to https://account.ihmi.net/opcua/activate.php to activate:
- Type in the Hardware Key and the Activation Code. Then click the Activate button.
- A confirmation window displays with the information above listed. If the information is accurate, click the Yes, activate button. Note: Once this step is completed, the activation cannot be undone.
- The cMT-SVR or cMT-FHD identified by the hardware key is now activated. But to use the OPC UA feature on the cMT device, we must download the “opcua.lic” license file to the cMT device. Click the Download License Key button to save the “opcua.lic” file to your computer. Note: The license key is non-transferrable and valid only for the cMT device with the same hardware key.
- Your browser may block your download because of a new pop-up window. If so, follow the browser’s instruction to allow ‘account.ihmi.net’ to show pop-ups so that you can download the file. For example, if using Google Chrome, simply click the icon on the right of the URL address bar, and then click the blue link from the dialog.
You can now transfer the downloaded opcua.lic license file to the cMT device using EBPro.
- Start EBPro and open your cMT project.
- Click Tools->Download to display the Download window.
- Check the Use OPC UA license option and link to the opcua.lic file you downloaded:
- Click the Download button.
You are now able to enjoy the features of OPC UA Server on your cMT-SVR or cMT-FHD. The license file only needs to be downloaded to the unit once before use, unless you reset your unit to factory defaults.
If you lose your opcua.lic file, you can go back to the activation website page (https://account.ihmi.net/opcua/activate.php
), enter the hardware key and activation code, and redownload the license key again.
For more information on how to implement OPC UA on a Maple cMT model, refer to the OPC-UA Set-up Overview